Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
1985 – John M. Wells Sr.
1986 – Sidney P. Davis Jr.
1987 – Bert Bradford Jr. M.D.
1988 – Lawson W. Hamilton Jr.
1989 – James M. Poindexter
1990 – Isaac N. Smith Jr.
1991 – James R. Thomas II
1992 – Warren Point, M.D.
1993 – Lyell B. Clay
1994 – Martha G. Wehrle
1995 – William T. Brotherton Jr.
1996 – Angus E. Peyton
1997 – Thomas E. Potter
1998 – John L. McClaugherty
1999 – Bertie Cohen
2000 – Thad D. Epps
2001 – Joseph C. Jefferds Jr.
2002 – Lewis N. McManus
2003 – John F. McGee
2004 – Betty Schoenbaum
2005 – John Wells Jr.
2006 – Edward H. Maier
2007 – Dr. Ed Welch
2008 – J. Holmes Morrison
2009 – Charles T. Jones
2010 – Brooks F. McCabe Jr.
2011 – Nelle Ratrie Chilton
2012 – T. Randolph Cox
2013 – K. Richard C. Sinclair
2014 – Governor Gaston W. Caperton III
2015- John Elliot
2016 – Mary Jean Davis
2017 – Tom Heywood
2018 – Dr. Dan Foster
2019 – Marty Becker
The Y. For a Better Us.
When you give to the YMCA, you make it possible for all children, families, and adults to have access to excellent facilities and programming vital to their personal growth. We need your support so that together we can take many of the greatest challenges facing our young people and our community.
Ways to give:
- Make your gift by phone 304.340.3527 ext.1151
- Fill out this form, and email it to [email protected]
- Checks can be payable to YMCA of KV and mailed to the following:
100 YMCA Drive, Charleston WV 25311.
Every gift makes a difference and together we can strengthen our community.
Below are three simple and easy ways to help the Y at NO COST:
- Appalachian Electric Power
For more details about this program visit this Residential – HomeSMART Page
For every person that signs up and uses the code YMCAKV under promo, the Y receives $10 credit.
Sign up here, and don’t forget to use our promo code YMCAKV— AEPRebates | Enrollment
When you save energy, you save money. And, you can help the Y!
- Amazon Smile
Support our YMCA at no cost when you shop on Amazon. Shop on smile.amazon.com , and simply select YMCA of Kanawha Valley, as your charitable organization. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. You shop and Amazon gives.
The way we will care for one another has been impacted by the pandemic. How the Y will help others grow in mind, spirit and body bay forever be changed as a result. Standing together, we can chart a stronger path forward for ourselves, our neighbors and our community.